If you want to see your portrait up on the wall, here is what we need:
- Three pictures: We highly recommend you take pictures specifically for this project and have a look at the ones already published to give you an idea of what we are looking for.
The first picture will be on the homepage and is the picture with which you’ll be introduced. The format is squared and needs to be equal to 960×960 pixels, preferably MidShot (MS), that is, from the waist up. The main point being that the subject, meaning you, is clearly visible. The picture has to be in color. Example 1, Example 2.
- The other two pictures, on the other hand, will go on your profile page. You can send up to four pictures but two are enough. They need to show who you are and what you like. The format is rectangular, the width must be equal to 1440 pixels and the height can be from 950 to 1200 pixels. It may seem like a hard task, but if you are just willing to upload Gimp and discover how to use the basic features, you’ll just need a few minutes to modify your file. You can also use an editor like Pixlr.
Please note: The pictures shouldn’t have any post-production except for resizing (no recoloring effects, added text, collage, etc.)
- Next step should be a walk in the park for you since you are a writer: please write 600 signs to tell us about your relationship with writing and with books and why you love them.
- Tell us where you’re from (city and country) and where you live now.
- If you want to, add a link to your website, a link to your latest book, your Facebook page or profile, etc.
Once ready, send all this to email@example.com and we’ll add your profile and feature it on social medias as soon as possible. We are receiving a huge number of applications and are dealing with them one by one. Please do not worry if you don’t get an answer right away. Thanks for your patience. Welcome to a World Of Writers!
NB: Due to the nature of this project, we can’t accept anonymous profiles (we can use your pen name but we will need to show your face)